Small bug fix to chanmon

Just a quick bug fix update to chanmon. It was failing to detect open buffers on more than one screen when using the ‘dynmon’ feature (thanks to m4v for report and fix)

The latest version is now 2.1.1 and will be available from Downloads and Weechat scripts and Weeget

chan/highmon updates

Okay, so I may have neglected doing an update for a while. Well have a new version of chanmon and highmon then.
By popular request, v2.1 now has an ‘nchannel’ option for alignment, to display both buffer numbers and channel names together.

As per usual changelogs, info and links in Downloads and should be available on Weechat’s page / via Weeget

Weechat scripts mass update

So it’s been a while since I posted anything here, and now there’s 4 updates all at once, typical.

Chanmon and Highmon both get bumped up to version 2.0, new things include;

  • Selectable outputs, both sharing the same formatting
  • Buffer logging toggle, no more giant chanmon log file
  • config clean up (command), no longer requires all channels to be set in the config, you only need to set the ones you want off, the command should clean up the config from previous versions
  • /monitor can now be given options, so you can toggle channels from another channel

Nickregain goes to 1.1 with;

  • Added a command delay, to delay sending the configured commands
  • Big fix to occasionally leaking infolist
  • Quit and nick changes should detect again

and finally rslap 1.3 with;

  • Ability to add/remove strings from weechat
  • Optional ability to slap a user back when they slap you

As usual full changelogs, info and dl links in Downloads and should be available on Weechat’s page / via Weeget

Oh and I have this twitter thing, if anyone’s even bothered.

Chanmon & Highmon v1.7

New versions of highmon and chanmon, version 1.7.
This version adds a customisable nick prefix and suffix to both
And makes Chanmon’s dynamic mode, split window aware.

As always, find more info in the Downloads section or via weechat/weeget.

Weechat scripts update

All three of the scripts I’ve put out have been updated. No major changes, some code cleanup. Chanmon and Highmon have in-client help available on /help chanmon or /help highmon

Find them in the Downloads section or via weechat.

Fixing WordPress’ Gallery

It’s moderately well known that WordPress’ gallery code, is not as robust as it could be in some cases. These have a tendency to manifest in XHTML / multi-column CSS layouts. There are two main issues;

  1. It inserts inline CSS into the middle of the page, which under XHTML is not good
  2. The gallery layout can do unusual things, including odd line breaks which can create large gaps after the first row, kill the template or other odd things

It’s been bugging me for a while now, so I decided to do a bit of research to find some solutions, and figured it would be useful to post the results.
Continue reading “Fixing WordPress’ Gallery”